Thursday 2 December 1976
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK If You Leave Me Now by Chicago was in the top 5 hits.
Silver Streak, directed by Arthur Hiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1976!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1976 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Jennifer Robinson: Barrie, Ontario -- (1996 Canadian Champ).
- Masafumi Goto: Japanese singer (Asian Kung-Fu Generation).
- Erik Everhard: Canadian porn actor director and producer.
- Eddy Garabito: Dominican baseball player.
- Masafumi Gotoh: Japanese singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Asian Kung-Fu Generation).
- Fidel Castro becomes President of Cuba replacing Osvaldo Dorticos Torrado.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- KISS - Beth
- Boston - More Than A Feeling
- Barry De Vorzon and Perry Botkin, Jr. - Nadia's Theme (The Young And The Restless)
- Firefall - You Are The Woman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?