Friday 2 December 1994
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Toni Mahfud and Fumika Shimizu.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to On Bended Knee by Boyz II Men.
In UK Baby Come Back by Pato Banton was in the top 5 hits.
Dumb & Dumber, directed by Peter Farrelly, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1994
while Crossing the Threshold of Hope by His Holiness John Paul II was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Otvorena vrata.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3 Ninjas Kick Back or Alien vs. Predator.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1994.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1994!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1994 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Toni Mahfud: Instagram Star.
- Fumika Shimizu: Japanese actress and model.
- Cauley Woodrow: English footballer.
- Cobb premieres
- Achille Lauro (Willem Ruys) sinks off the coast of Somalia
- Andrew Lloyd Webber admitted to the hospital for ulcer treatment
- Jury finds Heidi Fleiss guilty of running a call girl ring
- Russian president Boris Yeltsin orders troops into Chechnya.
- A small bomb explodes on Philippine Airlines Flight 434, killing a Japanese businessman. The bombing was a field test done by Ramzi Yousef to test explosives that would have been used in Project Bojinka.
- The trial of former President Mengistu begins in Ethiopia.
- Fred West, 53, a builder living in Gloucester, is remanded in custody, charged with murdering 12 people (including two of his own daughters) whose bodies are mostly found buried at his house in Cromwell Street. His wife Rose West, 41, is charged with 10 murders. Police believe that the murders took place between 1967 and 1987, and suspect that they may have killed up to 30 people.
- A Learjet piloted by Richard Anderson and Brad Sexton misses an elementary school and crashes into an apartment complex in Fresno, California, killing both pilots and injuring several apartment residents.
- A runaway Santa Fe freight train rear ends a Union Pacific train at the bottom of Cajon Pass, California.
- British Home Secretary Michael Howard announces that Myra Hindley will serve a whole life tariff for the Moors Murders of the 1960s.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1994 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?