Sunday 2 February 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Jeppe paa bjerget, directed by Viggo Larsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1908!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1908 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Wes Ferrell: American baseball player and manager (d. 1976).
- Anita Garvin actress (Swiss Miss: Blotto, Charlatan, Hats Off).
- Pavel Sivic: composer.
- Cal Tinney: Oklahoma, United States -- Comedian (Stop Me If You Heard This One).
- Clarence "Buster" Crabbe: California, United States -- Swimmer (1932 Olympics - Gold Medalist) / actor.
- Alfred Krauss: France sport Champion
- Renzo Rossellini: Italian musician and composer. Noted family, the brother of director Roberto Rossellini.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Under Any Old Flag at All - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?