Sunday 2 February 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Accession of the Romanov Dynasty, directed by Pyotr Chardynin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1913!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1913 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Ohn Maung: Burmese martyr (d. 1947).
- Poul Reichhardt: Danish actor and singer (d. 1985).
- Georges Guingouin: Magnac-Laval Politician.
- Jean Simon: Le Relecq-Kerhuon Military man.
- New York football Giants sign Jim Thorpe
- Grand Central Terminal is opened in New York City.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bagdad - Billy Murray
- Ada Jones - I've Got the Finest Man
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 February 1913 and get them!