Tuesday 2 February 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Birth of a Nation, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1915!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1915 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Isabel Freire de Matos: Writer, educator, journalist, and activist of the Independence of Puerto Rico.
- Stan Leonard: Canadian professional golfer (d. 2005).
- Khushwant Singh: Indian journalist and author (d. 2014).
- Evert Werkman: Dutch journalist (Het Parool).
- Luis Ramos Yordan: Puerto Rican physician, legislator, and President of the House of Representatives of Puerto Rico from 1973 to 1977.
- Abba Eban: Israeli diplomat and politician, and a scholar of the Arabic and Hebrew languages.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Poor Pauline - Arthur Fields
- Chinatown, My Chinatown - Grace Kerns & John Barnes Wells
- He's a Rag Picker - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?