Monday 2 February 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
By Rocket to the Moon, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1931!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1931 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Dorian Gray: Italian actress, who made her stage debut in 1950, and quickly became a known and acclaimed actress.
- Michel Denis: French historian, president of the University of Rennes 2 from 1976 to 1980.
- Les Dawson: English comedian and author (d. 1993).
- John Harney: Canadian educator and politician.
- Judith Viorst: American journalist and author.
- Dries Van Agt: Dutch politician, the Minister of Justice and lèrime Minster of Netherlands 1977 - 1982.
- Dries van Agt: Dutch politician, Prime Minister of the Netherlands from 1977 until 1982
- Andreas "Andries" van Agt Dutch politician: Prime Minister of the Netherlands (CDA, 1977-82).
- Theodor Batthynyi: Hungarian contra-revolutionary, dies at age 71.
- 1st siyyum of Talmud celebrated by Daf Yomi students
- 1st use of a rocket to deliver mail (Austria)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?