Saturday 2 February 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Scarlet Pimpernel, directed by Harold Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1935!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1935 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Derek Frederick: American homosexual; died of AIDS 4/09/1989, Seattle, WA.
- Evgeny Velikhov: Russian physicist and academic.
- Johnny Watson: American blues, soul, and funk musician and singer-songwriter.
- Lie detector first used in US court (Portage, Wisconsin).
- Leonarde Keeler tests the first polygraph machine.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?