Friday 2 February 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas M[ichael] Disch and Alan "Tea".
My Little Chickadee, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1940 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Thomas M[ichael] Disch: United States -- Sci-fi author (Genocides, 102 H-Bombs).
- Alan "Tea": Caddy; rock guitarist (Tornados - "Globetrotter").
- David Jason: British comedy actor on the TV series "Open All Hours" and "Only Fools and Horses.
- Brenda Kerrigan: American noted family and mother of skating champ, Nancy Kerrigan.
- Alan Caddy: English guitarist and producer (d. 2000).
- Vsevolod Meyerhold is executed in the Soviet Union on charges of treason and espionage. He is cleared of all charges 15 years later in the first waves of de-Stalinization
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?