Friday 2 February 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
My Little Chickadee, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1940 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- David Jason: British comedy actor on the TV series "Open All Hours" and "Only Fools and Horses.
- Alan Caddy: English guitarist and producer (d. 2000).
- Thomas Disch: American author and poet (d. 2008).
- Wayne Fontes: American football player and coach.
- Alan "Tea": Caddy; rock guitarist (Tornados - "Globetrotter").
- Brenda Kerrigan: American noted family and mother of skating champ, Nancy Kerrigan. With a progressive disease of the retina, she became totally blind in the left eye, with only slight vision in right eye. When watching Nancy compete on TV, she would have to sit just inches away from the screen.
- Thomas M[ichael] Disch: United States -- Sci-fi author (Genocides, 102 H-Bombs)
- Vsevolod Meyerhold is executed in the Soviet Union on charges of treason and espionage. He is cleared of all charges 15 years later in the first waves of de-Stalinization
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 February 1940 and get them!