Wednesday 2 February 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Geoffrey Hughes and Andrew Davis in Ashbridge.
Captain America, directed by Elmer Clifton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1944!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1944 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Geoffrey Hughes: British actor.
- Andrew Davis in Ashbridge: England; conductor (New Philharmonic Orchestra-London).
- Ursula Oppens in New York City: New York, USA; pianist/co-founder (Speculum Musicae-New York City).
- Katherine Crawford in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Gemini Man, Captains and the Kings).
- Andrew Davis: English organist and conductor.
- Baseball meets in NYC to discuss postwar action
- Allied troops first set foot on Japanese territory.
- 4th US marine division conquerors Roi, Marshall Islands.
- The first issue of ''Human Events'' is published.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?