Tuesday 2 February 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christie Brinkley and Hansi Hinterseer.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Betty White Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1954!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1954 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Christie Brinkley: American model.
- Hansi Hinterseer: Austrian skier actor and singer.
- John Tudor: American baseball player.
- Theodor Rogalski: Composer, dies at 52.
- President Eisenhower reports detonation of 1st H-bomb (done in 1952)
- Snow falls on Gibraltar
- US President Dwight Eisenhower reports detonation of first Hydrogen bomb (done in 1952).
- Bevo Francis, Rio Grande College, scores 113 points in basketball game.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?