Sunday 2 February 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dexter Manley and Holly Hunter in Conyers.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK Great Balls Of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching J.P. Patches.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1958!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1958 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Dexter Manley: NFL player (Washington Redskins).
- Holly Hunter in Conyers: Georgia, USA; actress (Broadcast News, Once Around).
- Michel Marc Bouchard: Canadian playwright.
- Michel Bouchard: Canadian playwright.
- WRIK (now WLUZ) TV channel 7 in Ponce, PR (PTC) begins broadcasting
- Syria joins Egypt in United Arab Republic.
- Fay Crocker win LPGA Havana Biltmore Golf Open.
- The word ''Aerospace'' is coined, from the words Aircraft (aero) and Spacecraft (space), taking into consideration that the Earth's atmosphere and outerspace is to be one, or a single realm.
- Gamel Abdel Nasser is nominated as the first president of the United Arab Republic.
- The Tybee Bomb, a 7,600 pound (3,500nbspkg) Mark 15 hydrogen bomb, is lost in the waters off Savannah, Georgia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?