Tuesday 2 February 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Running Bear by Johnny Preston.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Our Man in Havana, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1960!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1960 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Lee Chill in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; Canadian Tour golfer (1977 Ohio Jr).
- Jari Porttila: Finnish sports journalist.
- Lionel Lemonchois: French sailor, a professional skipper, twice winner of the Jules Verne Trophy: in 2005 with Orange II and in 2010 with Groupama 3. He also won the Transat Jacques Vabre in 2005 and the Transat AG2R in 2006.
- Cecilia Chailly: Italian harpist, composer and writer.
- Claudio Panatta: Italian tennis champ on the National team, the brother of Adriano Panatta who is also a tennis champ.
- Eric Shea: Actor (Castaway Cowboy)
- Lee Chill: Cleveland, Ohio -- Canadian Tour golfer (1977 Ohio Junior)
- Jeno Huszka: Composer, dies at 84.
- Michale Eufemia sinks 625 balls in pool match without a miss.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Where Or When - Dion and the Belmonts
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?