Thursday 2 February 1961
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Will You Love Me Tomorrow? by The Shirelles.
In UK Poetry In Motion by Johnny Tillotson was in the top 5 hits.
Breathless, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1961!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1961 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Abraham Iyambo: Namibian politician (d. 2013).
- Lauren Lane: American actress.
- Steve Penney: National Hockey League goaltender.
- Prince Bernhard opens new RAI building in Amsterdam
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
- Lawrence Welk - Calcutta
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- The Miracles - Shop Around
- Rosie - Angel Baby
- Neil Sedaka - Calendar Girl
- Brenda Lee - Emotions
- Bobby Vee - Rubber Ball
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?