Saturday 2 February 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philip Laats and Eva Cassidy.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Walk Right In by The Rooftop Singers.
In UK The Next Time / Bachelor Boy by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Raven, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
On TV people were watching The Dakotas.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1963!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1963 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Philip Laats: Belgian judoka.
- Eva Cassidy: American singer and acoustical guitarist, she died at age 33 on November 2, 1996 in Bowie, MD, from melanoma.
- Marie-Claude Pietragalla: French dancer and choreographer.
- Kjell Dahlin: Swedish ice hockey player.
- Stephen McGann: Liverpool, England -- Actor (Catherine the Great).
- Herman Bouber [Blom]: actor/playwright (Bluejackets), dies at age 77.
- Helen Shapiro begins tour (Beatles are part of undercard)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 February 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rooftop Singers - Walk Right In
- Paul and Paula - Hey Paula
- Bobby Vee - The Night Has A Thousand Eyes
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- Johnny Thunder - Loop De Loop
- Rick Nelson - It's Up To You
- The Drifters - Up On The Roof
- The Exciters - Tell Him
- Mary Wells - Two Lovers
- Paul Petersen - My Dad
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?