Wednesday 2 February 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Alan Estes in Graham and Victor Muhammad.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Love by Petula Clark.
In UK Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Agatha Christie's 'Ten Little Indians', directed by George Pollock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1966!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1966 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Bob Alan Estes in Graham: Texas, USA; PGA golfer (1994 Texas Open).
- Victor Muhammad: WLAF running back (London Monarchs).
- Tony Plourde in Chibougamau: QuTbec, Canada; sabre (Olympics-1996).
- Adam Ferrara: Comedian.
- Andrei Chesnokov: Russian tennis player and coach.
- Robert DeLeo: American bass player songwriter and producer
- Michael Misick: Caicos Islander politician Premier of the Turks and Caicos Islands
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 February 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Petula Clark - My Love
- The Beach Boys - Barbara Ann
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Mike Douglas - The Men In My Little Girl's Life
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- Herman's Hermits - A Must To Avoid
- Ray Charles - Crying Time
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?