Tuesday 2 February 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Knock Three Times by Dawn.
In UK My Sweet Lord by George Harrison was in the top 5 hits.
Get Carter, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1971!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1971 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Tony Miller in Mount Pleasant: Texas, USA; 400 metre runner.
- Ken Dilger: NFL tight end (Indianapolis Colts).
- Rockwilder : American rapper and producer.
- Michelle Gayle: English singer-songwriter and actress.
- Isaac Kungwane: South African footballer and sportscaster (d. 2014).
- Jason Taylor: Australian rugby league player and coach
- Idi Amin replaces President Milton Obote as leader of Uganda.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- Bee Gees - Lonely Days
- Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden
- Dave Edmunds - I Hear You Knocking
- King Floyd - Groove Me
- Elton John - Your Song
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Gladys Knight & The Pips - If I Were Your Woman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?