Friday 2 February 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Jeffers and Radka Bobkova in Prague.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crocodile Rock by Elton John.
In UK Long Haired Lover From Liverpool by Little Jimmy Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
The Harder They Come, directed by Perry Henzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Le jeune Fabre.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1973!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1973 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Patrick Jeffers: NFL wide reciever (Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32).
- Radka Bobkova in Prague: Czechoslovakian Republic; tennis star (quarter Bournemouth).
- Dan Brandenburg: linebacker (Buffalo Bills).
- Sergio Gonzalez: rocker (Menudo-Cannonball).
- Tim Denton: NFL cornerback (Atlanta Falcons).
- Jose White WLAF/NFL defensive tackle (Minnesota Vikings: Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Aleksander Tammert: Estonian discus thrower
- Marissa Jaret Winokur: American actress
- Andrei Luzgin: Estonian tennis player and coach
- Marissa Winokur: American actress and singer
- Midnight Special rock music show debuts on NBC-TV
- James R Schlesinger becomes director of the US Central Intelligence Agency (until July).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together
- Kenny Loggins - Your Mama Don't Dance
- Hurricane Smith - Oh, Babe, What Would You Say?
- Marvin Gaye - Trouble Man
- War - The World Is A Ghetto
- Steely Dan - Do It Again
- Wings - Hi, Hi, Hi
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?