Monday 2 February 1976
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Steven Dewick in Sydney and Lori Beth Denberg.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover by Paul Simon.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Taxi Driver, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lost Islands.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing F-1 or Indy 4.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1976!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1976 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Steven Dewick in Sydney: New South Wales, Australia; swimmer (Olympics-1996).
- Lori Beth Denberg: American actress.
- Craig Heap: Scottish sports champion in golf.
- Ryan Farquhar: Northern Irish motorcycle racer.
- James Hickman: English swimmer.
- Ana Roces: Filipino actress
- Honeymooners Second Honeymoon airs on TV
- Rich Little Show, debuts on NBC-TV
- Roger Connor, Fred Lindstrom and umpire Cal Hubbard elected to Baseball Hall of Fame. Umpire Cal Hubbard is the first person to be elected to both the baseball and football Halls of Fame.
- The Groundhog Day gale hits the north-eastern United States and south-eastern Canada.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Simon - 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover
- Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby
- Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Sing A Song
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- Paul Anka - Times Of Your Life
- Rhythm Heritage - Theme From S.W.A.T.
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
- Sailor - Glass Of Champagne
- Abba - Mamma Mia
- Laurel & Hardy With The Avalon Boys featuring Chill Wills - The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine
- In Dulce Jubilo / On Horseback - Mike Oldfield
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?