Friday 2 February 1979
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Le Freak by Chic.
In UK YMCA by The Village People was in the top 5 hits.
Hardcore, directed by Paul Schrader, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1979!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1979 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Brandee Dawn: McCoskey; Miss Alaska Teen-USA (1996).
- Petra Cada in Prague: Czechoslovakia; Canadian table tennis player (Olympics-1996).
- Lindsay Langston in Modesto: California; archer (Olympics-1996).
- Fani Chalkia: Greek hurdler.
- Irini Terzoglou: Greek shot putter.
- Shamita Shetty: Indian actress
- Gloria Bellicchi: Italian beauty queen, voted Miss Italy 1998.
- Sandy Casar: French racing cyclist, who competed as a professional between 2000 and 2013, all for the Française des Jeux team. His greatest results have been winning three stages of the Tour de France, as well as the overall classification of the Route du Sud in 2005. He also won the one-day race Paris–Camembert in 2011.
- David Paisley: British actor, especially well known for roles as midwife Ben Saunders in "Holby City," Ryan Taylor in "Tinsel Town" and most recently Rory Murdoch in "River City." Some of his characters have been controversial due to their (gay) sexual orientation.
- Christine Bleakley: TV Show Host
- Urmo Aava: Estonian race car driver
- Klaus Mainzer: German rugby player
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?