Saturday 2 February 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Rambo, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Escape to Chimp Eden.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ape Quest or Barnyard Blast: Swine of the Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 2008!
Which were the important events of 2 February 2008 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 February
- Katoucha: Guinean model and activist (Born 1960).
- Iran opens its first space center and launches a rocket into space.ampquotIran Opens Space Center, Launches Rocketampquot, Associated Press
- A Palestinian suicide bomber kills 1 and wounds 13 in a Dimona, Israel shopping center.ampquotDimona bombing: Suicide attack in Israel first in a yearampquot, Associated Press
- Five people are shot dead in a women's clothing store in Tinley Park, Illinois with the person responsible fleeing the scene. (''The Sun-Herald'')
- An explosion on a bus in Dambulla, Sri Lanka kills at least 20 people. (BBC News)
- War in Chad (2005–present):
- The Libyan Jamahiriya News Agency claims that the Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi has brokered a ceasefire. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?