Monday 2 February 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bit Boy!! or Bomberman Touch 2: Volcano Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 2 February 2009 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 February
- The United States Senate confirms Eric Holder as Attorney General. (AP via Google News)
- U.S. department store Macy's announces it will cut 7,000 jobs. (CNNMoney)
- Muammar al-Gaddafi is elected Chairman of the African Union. (Reuters)
- A human rights protester throws a shoe at Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao during a speech at Cambridge University. (CNN)
- Nine people are killed when a hospital is shelled in Puthukkudiyiruppu, Sri Lanka. (BBC)
- Japan's Mount Asama erupts. (Reuters)
- Heavy snow across England closes London City Airport and one runway of Heathrow Airport and shuts down all public transport in London. (BBC)
- The International Criminal Court announces it will investigate Israeli war crimes possibly committed during Operation Cast Lead.
- Chairman Mahmoud Abbas says he will not deliberate with any group that does not recognize the Palestine Liberation Organization. (Al Jazeera)
- The Israel Defense Forces bomb the Gaza Strip in response to Palestinian rocket and mortar fire. (Al Jazeera)
- Wildcat strikes spread across the United Kingdom. (Sky News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?