Saturday 2 January 1909
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Le paralytique, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1909 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Riccardo Cassin: Italian mountaineer and author (d. 2009).
- Barry Goldwater: American politician, a U.S.
- Fred Orain: Donnemain EXecutives.
- Rene Etiemble: French literature historian (Parlez-vous Franglais).
- 1st official Dutch 11 city skate (Minne Hoekstra in 13:50)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Good Evening, Caroline - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?