Tuesday 2 January 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Doll, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1912 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Pierre Barbier: Brinon sur Beuvron physician.
- André Ameller: Arnavilla Musician.
- Andre Ameller: Composer.
- Anna Lee: Ightham, England -- Actress (Scruples, Lila- General Hospital).
- Barbara Pentland: Winnipeg, Manitoba -- Composer.
- Osvaldo Morales Sanabria: Better known as Noro Morales, he was a pianist, composer and conductor of dance. For the first half of the 40s, groups of Noro Morales and Xavier Cugat were the most popular bands in the artistic places of the city of New York. In this period, the band received the highest pay that any orchestra could receive; wherever he appeared Morales and his group, the musicians from other bands only came to see the band in action. That was what they did on many occasions Tito Puente, Tito Rodriguez, Charli
- Henri Vincenot: French writer, painter, and sculptor.
- Renato Guttuso Italian painter (The Flight from Etna: Crucifixion).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Oceanna Roll - Arthur Collins
- Make Me Love You Like I Never Loved Before - That Girl Quartet
- They Always Pick on Me - Ada Jones
- Nut Cracker Ballet-Characteristic Dance - Arthur Pryor's Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?