Friday 2 January 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Die Augen des Ole Brandis, directed by Stellan Rye, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1914 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Kenny Clarke: American drummer and composer (Modern Jazz Quartet) (d. 1985).
- Noor Khan: Russian-English SOE agent (d. 1944).
- Violet Vivian Finlay Stuart Mann: British writer (d. 1986).
- Philips installs research department in Eindhoven.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- On the Honeymoon Express - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?