Saturday 2 January 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Time Lock No. 776, directed by Hal Reid, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 2 January 1915 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
The Picture of Dorian Grey
Which were the important events of 2 January 1915 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
See other famous people born on 02 January
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1915?
- Science: Science vol. 41 issue 1044
- Science: Science vol. 40 issue 1043
- Science: Science vol. 40 issue 1042
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
A narrative of loss and change, a love story, and a warning about the evils of materialism, the book chronicles two midwestern families trying to cope with the onset of industrialization.
Excerpt: ...pleased to call plutocratic obsessions, nor had their disapproval always been confined to badinage. Nancy, too, they looked upon as a renegade. I was able to bear their reproaches with the superior good nature that springs from success, to ...
This early 20th-century classic chronicles the adventures of an orphaned newspaper boy in his "hand-to-hand scuffle" with life in a midwestern metropolis. Gene Stratton-Porter's faith in the healing power of nature is also apparent, in a lovingly depicted tamarack swamp ...
Pollyanna Grows Up is a 1915 children's novel by Eleanor H. Porter. It is the first of many sequels to Porter's best-selling Pollyanna. Pollyanna, now cured of her crippling spinal injury, spends her time teaching the "glad game" to new ...
Tell the world why 2 January 1915 is such a special date for you!