Monday 2 January 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Sadie Thompson, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1928 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Pierre Grandmottet: Bourg physician.
- Gerhard Amanshauser: Writer.
- Howard Caine in Nashville: Tennessee, USA; actor (Brushfire, Hogan's Heroes, War and Remembrance), voice actor (Jonny Quest, Challenge of the Go-Bots, Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo) (dies 1993).
- Avie Bennett: Canadian businessman and philanthropist.
- Tiberiu Olah: Composer.
- Robert Goralski: American journalist and author (d. 1988)
- Kate Molale: South African activist and politician (d. 1980)
- Daisaku Ikeda: Japanese writer
- Pietro Broccini: Italian soccer player. He died on 2 September 2006.
- Harry Hyams: English immovable goods owner (Center Point).
- Dan Rostenkowski American politician (Representative-Democrat-Illinois: -1994), House Ways and Means Committee chair.
- Vaughn Beals in Cambridge: Massachusetts, USA; CEO (Harley Davidson motorcycle).
- Daniel Rostenkowski: American politician, a veteran of the House for 36 years and the quintessential congressional deal-maker. As a young man he served in the U.S. Army for two years. He completed his education and entered politics, a Chairman in the Appeal Drive in 1958 and Chairman of the Polio Drive, 1961. After one term in the House of Representative, he was elected to the Senate for the first time in 1954. He was the delegate to the Dem. National Convention in 1960. Emerging as a diligent student of tax policy,
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1928 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Diane (I'm In Heaven When I See You Smile) - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- The Soldier's Sweetheart - Jimmie Rodgers
- My Blue Heaven - Don Voorhees & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 January 1928 and get them!