Thursday 2 January 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Farmer's Wife, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1930 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- William Hoover: American computer technician and contractor; formerly in charge of DP operations at JPL, a computer sciences company.
- Julius La Rosa: American singer.
- Donato Piazza: France sport Champion.
- Rene Weissmann: France sport Champion.
- Pierre Joly: French chemist and researcher in pharmacology.
- Luis Ferrero Acosta: Costa Rican essayist, intellectual and art specialist. Having published in his lifetime more than 100 books primarily cultural, and comprising a large variety of subjects ranging from anthropology, art history and history of literature among others, is regarded as one of the most prolific writers of literature Costa Rican.
- Julius LaRosa in Brooklyn: New York, USA; singer (fired by Arthur Godfrey on the air).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?