Thursday 2 January 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Professional Soldier, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1936 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Roger Miller in Fort Worth: Texas, USA; singer/songwriter ("King of the Road", "England Swings", "You Don't Want My Love", "Dang Me", "Chug-a-Lug"), winner of 11 Grammy awards.
- Roger Miller: Country Singer.
- Sir Francis Newdegate: Governor of Tasmania (Born 1862).
- 1st electron tube to enable night vision described, St. Louis, Missouri
- Bradman scores 357 for South Africa vs. Victoria, 424 minutes, 40 fours
- First electron tube to enable night vision described, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1936 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Twenty-Four Hours a Day - Joe Venuti & His Orchestra
- A Little Bit Independent - Bob Crosby & His Orchestra
- Alone - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?