Tuesday 2 January 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1940 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- S R S Varadhan: Indian-American mathematician.
- Jim Bakker: American TV evangelist who built up a huge fortune before he was indicted on 24 counts of fraud and conspiracy in 1987.
- Daniel Heydon: American author, numerologist and astrologer who wrote a book on numerology that was published by Dell Books.
- Saud bin Faisal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud: Saudi Arabian economist and politician Saudi Arabian Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 2015).
- S Varadhan: Indian-American mathematician and academic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Man Who Comes Around - Tommy Tucker & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?