Friday 2 January 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Man Who Came to Dinner, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1942 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Jakob Bösch: Swiss author and retired psychiatrist, involved in investigating spiritual healing.
- Thomas Hammarberg: Swedish lawyer and diplomat.
- Dennis Hastert: American educator and politician 59th Speaker of the United States House of Representatives.
- Ray Moore: English radio host (d. 1989).
- Hugh Shelton: 15th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- 28 nations, at war with Axis, pledge no separate peace
- The 28 nations at war with the Axis pledge no separate peace.
- Japanese troops occupy Manila, Philippines.
- German troops in Bardia surrender.
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) convicts 33 members of a German spy ring headed by Fritz Joubert Duquesne in the largest espionage case in United States history--the Duquesne Spy Ring
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?