Saturday 2 January 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Commandos Strike at Dawn, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1943 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Georges Blanc: French chef and restaurateur, with three Michelin stars and four toques from the guide Gault et Millau.
- Jean-Claude Binoche: French auctioneer for Drouot, a French holding company specializing in auctions for the art market.
- Bar?s Manco: Turkish singer and television producer (d. 1999).
- Janet Mattei: Turkish-American astronomer (d. 2004).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 January 1943 and get them!