Sunday 2 January 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Miracle of Morgan's Creek, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1944 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Paul Chemla: French bridge player, noted for his broad girth and his large cigars.
- Péter Eötvös: Hungarian composer and conductor.
- Norodom Ranariddh: Cambodian field marshal and politician 1st Prime Minister of Cambodia.
- Prince Norodom Ranariddh: Cambodian politician.
- Peter Eotvos: Hungarian composer and conductor.
- 1st use of helicopters during warfare (British Atlantic patrol)
- WWII: Free French General Jean de Lattre de Tassigny is appointed to command French Army B, part of the Sixth United States Army Group in North Africa.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?