Tuesday 2 January 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Bernard Hebey and Santo Versace.
Tonight and Every Night, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching La piste aux étoiles (1945 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1945 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Jean-Bernard Hebey: French art collector, and radio and television presenter.
- Santo Versace: Italian entrepreneur and noted family, the brother of Gianni Versace.
- Claude Raffy: France sport Champion.
- Kentucky begins 130 home basketball game win streak, ends in 1955
- Allied air raid on Neurenberg.
- Radio Orange ends cooperation at Liese-Aktion.
- World War II: Nuremberg (in German, Nurnberg) is severely bombed by Allied forces
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Dream Of You (More Than You Dream I Do) - Andy Russell
- Frank Sinatra - White Christmas
- Robin Hood - Tony Pastor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?