Sunday 2 January 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Golden Boy, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1949 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Jean Krier: Luxembourger poet (d. 2013).
- Iris Young: American political scientist philosopher and academic (d. 2006).
- Christopher Durang: American contemporary playwright, a singularly outrageous satirist whose pen is dipped in venom and bile in the blood of his own personal wounds, irresistibly funny.
- Christopher Durang in Montclair: New Jersey, USA; playwright/actor (Sister Mary).
- KDKA TV channel 2 in Pittsburgh, PA (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Luis Munoz Marin becomes the first democratically elected Governor of Puerto Rico
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?