Tuesday 2 January 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nadia Cassini [Gianna Lou Muller] in Woodstock and Stipe Božić.
Halls of Montezuma, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Ryder.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1951!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1951 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Nadia Cassini [Gianna Lou Muller] in Woodstock: New York, USA; model (Oui).
- Stipe Božić: Croatian mountaineer and photographer.
- Jim Essian: American baseball player and coach.
- Alexander Pogrebinsky: Ukrainian-American painter and educator.
- Sir William Campion: Governor of Western Australia (Born 1870).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Christmas In Killarney - Dennis Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?