Friday 2 January 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
My Cousin Rachel, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1953 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Manfred Wittke: German footballer.
- Vincent Racaniello: American virologist author and academic.
- Jacques Tichelaar: Dutch educator and politician.
- NBA Baltimore Bullets begin a 32 game road losing streak
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 January 1953 and get them!