Wednesday 2 January 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1957 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Joanna Pacula: Tomszowaubelski, Poland -- Actress (Gorky Park, Kiss).
- Beppe Gabbiani: Italian race car driver.
- The San Francisco and Los Angeles stock exchanges merge to form the Pacific Coast Stock Exchange.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 January 1957 and get them!