Wednesday 2 January 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Telstar by The Tornadoes.
Days of Wine and Roses, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1963!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1963 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- David Cone in Kansas City: Missouri, USA; baseball pitcher (New York Mets/Toronto Blue Jays/New York Yankees).
- Edgar Martinez in New York City: New York, USA; baseball first baseman (Seattle Mariners).
- Edgar Martínez: American baseball player.
- David Cone: American baseball player: pitcher, Yankees.
- Edgar Martinez: American baseball player: designated hitter, Mariners.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Brook Benton - Hotel Happiness
- Lou Monte - Pepino The Italian Mouse
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Bob B. Soxx And The Blue Jeans - Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah
- The Exciters - Tell Him
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?