Saturday 2 January 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Feel Fine by The Beatles.
Time to Love, directed by Metin Erksan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1965!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1965 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Diane Lane in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Streets of Fire, Lady Beware, Lonesome Dove).
- Greg Swindell: American pro baseball player, a right-hitting/left-throwing pitcher who played for the Cleveland Indians (1986–1991), Cincinnati Reds (1992), Houston Astros (1993–1996), Cleveland Indians (1996), Minnesota Twins (1997–1998), Boston Red Sox (1998), and the Arizona Diamondbacks (1999–2002), with whom he won a World Series championship in 2001.
- Russ Courtnall in Duncan: British Columbia, Canada; NHL right wing (Vancouver Canucks).
- Greg Swindell in Fort Worth: Texas, USA; pitcher (Houston Astros, Cleveland Indians).
- Staf Gustaf Frans Nees: Composer, dies at 63.
- Martin Luther King Jr begins a drive to register black voters in the USA.
- New York Jets sign quarterback Joe Namath.
- Obverse design of all Canadian coins is changed to depict the Queen with a slightly more mature look.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Feel Fine
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- The Beatles - She's A Woman
- The Searchers - Love Potion Number Nine
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Goin' Out Of My Head
- The Zombies - She's Not There
- The Impressions - Amen
- The Larks - The Jerk
- Julie Rogers - The Wedding
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?