Tuesday 2 January 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to You're So Vain by Carly Simon.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1973!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1973 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Abu Wilson: running back (Indianapolis Colts).
- Chris Woodruff in Knoxville: Tennessee, USA; tennis star (1993 NCAA Division I).
- Fredric Ford: WLAF cornerback (Scotland Claymores)/NFL cornerback (Eagles).
- Sarah Schwald in Bellingham: Washington, USA; 1.5k runner.
- Lucy Davis: English actress.
- Will Kirby: American actor
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Donna Fargo - Funny Face
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
- Kenny Loggins - Your Mama Don't Dance
- Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?