Friday 2 January 1976
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Saturday Night by Bay City Rollers.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Barry Lyndon, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1976!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1976 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- Diana Ross - Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- The Staple Singers - Let's Do It Again
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Sweet - Fox On The Run
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
- Silver Convention - Fly, Robin, Fly
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?