Monday 2 January 1995
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to On Bended Knee by Boyz II Men.
In UK Think Twice by Celine Dion was in the top 5 hits.
The Usual Suspects, directed by Bryan Singer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while Politically Correct Bedtime Stories by James Finn Garner was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1995.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1995!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1995 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
Famous Birthdays:02 January
- Siad Barre: General / President of Somalia (1969-91), dies at 84.
- Nancy Kelly: Lowell, Massachusetts -- Actress (Double Exposure, Jesse James).
- Mohammed Siyad Barre: General/President of Somalia (1969-91), dies at age 84 (born 1919).
- Manuel Rivera: Spanish painter/co-founder (El Paso), dies at age 67.
- Graham Sharp: ice skater, dies at age 77.
- Carquest Bowl 5: South Carolina beats West Virginia, 24-21.
- Most distant galaxy yet discovered found by scientists using Keck telescope in Hawaii (estimated 15 billion light years away).
- Bus crashes in Luzon, Philippines, 29 killed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?