Saturday 2 July 1904
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Los políticos, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1904.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1904!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1904 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- René Lacoste: French tennis champion, one of the most highly regarded defensive players the world has ever seen and perhaps tennis' greatest ground stroker.
- Lacombe Olivier: Olivier Lacombe, born in Liege 2 7 1904, was a French philosopher and indianist.
- Rene Lacoste: French tennis player and businessman (d. 1996).
- Carl Weinrich: Composer.
- Gerarda "Meik" Rueter: Dutch (sculptress, if that word exists).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1904 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweet Adeline (You're the Flower of My Heart) - Albert Campbell & James F. Harrison
- My Cosey Corner Girl - Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1904?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?