Sunday 2 July 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1911 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Diego Fabbri: Italian writer, actor, playwright, editor and film producer.
- Pierre Lataix: Champagnole physician.
- Reg Parnell: English race car driver and manager (d. 1964).
- Felix Mottl: Composer, dies at 54.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - Mother Machree
- Steamboat Bill - Arthur Collins
- Tell Her I Love Her So - Reed Miller
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?