Tuesday 2 July 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Cupid Angling, directed by Albert Morrison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1918 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Franck Bauer: Jazz musician (he played with Stéphane Grappelli and Django Reinhardt) and radio speaker, he is, in 2013, the only survivor of "Radio Londres" French staff.
- Imam Elissa: Singer.
- Sheikh Iman: Player / singer.
- Wibo: Dutch cartoonist (d. 2005).
- Mohammed V Resjad: Sultan of Turkey (1909-18).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Little Mother of Mine - John McCormack
- There's a Little Blue Star in the Window (And it Means All the World to Me) - Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?