Saturday 2 July 1932
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Million Dollar Legs, directed by Edward Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1932!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1932 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Dave Thomas: American hamburger entrepreneur who founded Wendy’s Old-Fashioned Hamburger chain of fast-food restaurants.
- Ken McMillan: Brooklyn, New York -- Actor (Malone, Concrete Beat).
- Donny MacLeod: Scottish TV presenter, known as Donny B, and best known for appearing in the BBC 1 afternoon show Pebble Mill at One.
- 52nd Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Ellsworth Vines beats H Austin (64 62 60)
- FDR makes 1st presidential nominating conventional acceptance speech
- Franklin Roosevelt makes first presidential nominating conventional acceptance speech.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?