Sunday 2 July 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
His Private Secretary, directed by Philip H. Whitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1933!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1933 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Pierre Frachet: French songwriter, performer, novelist and screenwriter, who died on 14 January 2015 in L'Hay-les-Roses, France.
- Peter Desbarats: Canadian journalist author and playwright.
- Kenny Wharram: Canadian ice hockey player.
- David Benjamin Lewin: Composer.
- Kalim Siddiqui: Islamic campaigner.
- Carl Hubbell shuts-out Saint Louis Cardinals 1-0 in 18 innings without a walk.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?