Friday 2 July 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Easy Living, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1937!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1937 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- John Cooper: English race car designer (Born 1923).
- Polly Holliday in Jasper: Alabama, USA; actress (Flo - Alice, Flo - Flo).
- Richard : Randleman sports Champions.
- Polly Holliday: American actress.
- Richard Petty: American race-car champion, a famous driver considered "The King" because of winning over 200 races and setting a record he shared with only one other driver of seven Winston Cup titles.
- Dick Berardino: Baseball player
- 57th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Don Budge beats G von Cramm (63 64 62)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?