Sunday 2 July 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include M[ichael] A[nthony] Foster and Michael N Castle.
Bachelor Mother, directed by Garson Kanin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1939 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- M[ichael] A[nthony] Foster: United States -- Sci-fi author (Gameplayers of Zan).
- Michael N Castle: (Rep-R-Delaware).
- Valeri Vasilyevich Illarianov: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- John H Sununu: White House Chief of Staff under George HW Bush.
- Barbara Colby: American actress; murdered during a robbery 7/24/1975 Palms, CA.
- Albina Du Boisrouvray: French journalist and film producer, cousin of Prince Rainier of Monaco.
- M Foster: American writer, musician, poet, bonsai grower and photographer. He spent over sixteen years as a Captain and Russian linguist in the United States Air Force.
- Ferdinand Mount: English journalist and author
- Alexandros Panagoulis: Greek poet who fought the military junta in Greece (Born 1939)
- John Sununu: American engineer and politician 14th White House Chief of Staff
- Paul Williams: American singer and choreographer (The Temptations) (d. 1973)
- Alfred R Zimmerman: Mayor of Rotterdam (1906-22).
- The 1st World Science Fiction Convention opens in New York City.
- Theodore Roosevelt's head is dedicated at Mount Rushmore.
- Lou Gehrig gives his last public speech, following a diagnosis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). In it, he says, ampquotToday, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.ampquot
- The Neuengamme concentration camp becomes autonomous.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?