Tuesday 2 July 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Clarke .
All This, and Heaven Too, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1940 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Kenneth Clarke: English politician Lord High Chancellor of Great Britain.
- Dutch Prime Minister Colijn publishes Borders of 2 Worlds (German victory)
- Hitler orders invasion of England
- Prime Minister Churchill meets General Major B Montgomery
- Lake Washington (Seattle, Washington) Floating Bridge dedicated.
- Indian independence leader Subhas Chandra Bose is arrested and detained in Calcutta.
- WWII: British-owned off northwest Ireland with the loss of around 865 lives.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 July 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?